Thursday, July 1, 2010

This weeks featured Etsy Artist Lounge Member.....

She's our very own nancy vandenboom of nancyvdboom.etsy.com! She does the most incredible paintings in her shop and happens to be one of my favorite artists!

Here's a little bit about her and what she does:



My name is Nancy van den Boom (Nancy "of the Tree") and I live in the Netherlands, close to the exciting city of Amsterdam.

I discovered oil painting in 2004, and ever since then it has been my passion. The colours of the oilpaint and the magic of creating texture and form with brushes make painting such a joy for me. My studio is my home. 

I love to paint trees, especially within the context of the city. In these manmade environments, trees have their own special place and meaning. They are bringing life to city centres filled with bricks and concrete. I love to do paintings of Tuscany too. The rolling hills and the special light are a challenge to capture.

I have sold paintings to customers in the US, England, France, Turkey and the Netherlands.

I had no painting-education, I am self taught.

Must be my name (van den Boom >> of the Tree) that I am so very much inspired by trees. I love all their ways of appearance and it's such a challenge to capture their endless beauty in all their forms. 

The Presence of Trees
by Michael S. Glaser

I have always felt the living presence
of trees
the forest that calls to me as deeply
as I breathe,
as though the woods were marrow of my bone
as though
I myself were tree, a breathing, reaching
arc of the larger canopy
beside a brook bubbling to foam
like the one
deep in these woods,
that calls
that whispers home

**********



Visit her at:


http://www.etsy.com/shop/nancyvdboom


http://www.nancyvandenboom.daportfolio.com/

http://www.nancyvandenboom.blogspot.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment